DRV8801/DRV8835 and my motor DGO-3512ADA?

Hey folks,

I’m using the DRV8801 and the DRV8835 to test them with my motor DGO-3512ADA (data sheet: https://de.scribd.com/doc/277129633/Dgo-3512ada), but I cannot get it to work using the minimal wiring diagram provided at the product pages.

I’m using a 24V/10A PSU as my main power source and step down the voltage with my LM2596S buck converter to 12V or 10V (depending on the driver) and nothing happens. I’m using a simple code (for the DRV8801) like this, to make it run:

int dirPin = 8;
int speedPin = 9;

void setup() {
  pinMode(dirPin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(speedPin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(dirPin, HIGH);
}

void loop() {
  analogWrite(speedPin, 255); 
}

So, can u check wether this motor is even compatible with those drivers? …well, don’t know what to do actually. x/

That motor should work with the DRV8801, providing the wiring is correct. The stall current (2.2 A) is too high for the DRV8835 (1.5 A max).

Does the motor run if you connect it directly to the buck converter power supply?

Does the motor run if you connect it directly to the buck converter power supply?
Yes.

providing the wiring is correct.
I know you guys hate those pictures, but I’ve attached a picture of my wiring.

VDD is connected to Arduino’s 5V pin
GND is connected to Ardunis GND pin
DIR is connected to digital pin 8
PWM is connected to digital pin 9

VMM is connected to V+ of my bucket converter
GND is connected to V- of my bucket converter
OUT- is connected to - of my DC motor
OUt+ is connected to + of my DC motor

Hi.

From your picture, it looks like you did not solder the header pins onto your driver. Without soldering those, you should not expect the headers to make good electrical connections or the driver to work.

-Claire