I’m working on a project with two encoders, and my program on arduino seems read them, but the thing is that I’m getting wrong odometry information about the movement of two wheels. I’m using these https://www.pololu.com/product/2827 gearmotors w/encoders and this motor driver https://www.pololu.com/product/2507. I think that isn’t necessary to connect green and blue wires for power both encoders, because them turns thanks to motors power.
Also the motors don’t use correctly the power they get. If I set different velocities always one motor is spinning faster than other. And is strange, It occours for both motors (sometimes one is faster and for different velocities, the other), even if I change terminals’ order and power, for different velocities and for forward/backward. By the moment I haven’t another source to supply encoders, nor batteries to try, but one of these days I’ll can.
I hope you clarify me if that’s the problem or what could be. By the way, VDD and 3V3 pins for pololu motor shield isn’t work as supplies because VDD is used for M1EN/DIAG and M2EN/DIAG, and 3V3 isn’t enough for encoders supply (which is 5-20V), unlike GND that should work.
Thanks for your time!