Current Sensing on Pololu Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver 24v14 Shield for Arduino

I would like to use this motor driver, but would also like to add on sensor-less current ripple counting. What kind of current sensor is used on this board? And if current shunts are used, do I have access to the shunt?

I’m deciding what the best way to collect the current ripple is. Currently, I plan on feeding the output of the current sensor into a comparator to produce a square wave with a switch frequency equivalent to the current ripple frequency. Having more information on this board’s current sensing would be great. Thanks!

Hi.

I moved your post to the “Motor controllers/drivers and motors” section of our forum since your question is directly related to our motor drivers.

As described on the product page, the driver’s current sense pins output voltages proportional to the motor currents while the H-bridge is driving. Is there any particular additional information you are looking for or any reason you don’t think they would work for what you want to do?

-Claire