Controlling Multiple stepper motors w/ Tic driver software

Hello,

I recently stumbled across the tic series of stepper motor drivers that pololu offers and was interested in the usb software interface. Is it possible to control multiple stepper motors with the software program or only one?

Is there also a way to use the software directly from the Linux terminal rather than interact with it graphically?

Arya

Hello, Arya.

I moved your post to the “Motor controllers/drivers and motors” section of the forum since it seemed more appropriate.

If you are referring to the Tic Control Center software, each instance of the Tic Control Center can connect to a single Tic controller, but you can open multiple instances at the same time if you want to control more than one.

You can use the ticcmd command-line utility to send commands to the Tic controllers from the terminal. You can find more information about using ticcmd (including how to use it with multiple Tic controllers connected) in the “Setting up USB control” section of the Tic user’s guide.

Brandon

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to install the Tic software for Linux using command line since I am running Linux on a raspberry pi without the desktop environment.

The steps described in the “Installing Linux software” section of the Tic user’s guide are all intended to be done using the terminal, except for the first step (downloading the version you want to use). For this, you should be able to use wget and download the “Tic Software for Linux (Raspberry Pi)” version.

Brandon