Controlling 20 motor (Pololu G2 High-Power Motor Driver)

Hello,

I have 2 questions:

1. For a project that i am building, I want to control 20 DC brushed motors (12V 20A continuous current each).
    My first idea was to use 20 Pololu G2 High-Power Motor Driver 18v25.
    Can i connect them all to a single arduino using i2c or serial communication ?
    or do i have to connect each of the drivers to different pwm pin ?

2. Is there any other Motor driver that can meet my needs ?
    controlling 20 DC brushed motors (12V 20A continuous current for each)

Thank you for the help.

You must make sure that the motor driver can handle the stall current of your motor, which could be higher than 100 Amperes.

What is the stall current? Post a link to the motor product page or data sheet.

The Pololu G2 High-Power Motor Driver 18v25 can handle the stall current of the motor i use: This one, its stall current is 20A.

I want to control 20 motors like that at the same time.
And of course i made sure that i have enough power to run all of them at the same time.

I have 3 phase power supply to the system, so it should be more than enough
I wont run all 20 motor at the max effort, but just to make sure that i have enough power (and this is over kill):
P_need_MAX = IVN = 20A12V20 = 4800 W

Hello.

Those G2 High Power Motor Drivers do not have an I2C or TTL serial interfaces. You might consider our Simple Motor Controller 18v25 which supports TTL serial control and can handle motors with a 20A stall current. You can find information about using multiple Simple Motor Controllers with TTL serial commands in the “Using the Serial Interface” and “Daisy Chaining” sections of the “Pololu Simple Motor Controller User’s Guide”.

-Derrill