Connecting a MC33926 Motor Driver Carrier to a Gearmotor

Hello,

I’m trying to connect a MC33926 Motor Driver Carrier to a 75:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx54L mm with 48 CPR Encoder but I have no idea which pins I’m supposed to connect. I referred to the data sheet but I am not sure which ones I’m supposed to connect. I am also trying to connect my PWM from my PIC uController but I am not sure how to connect that to the motor driver carrier. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Hello.

You can connect the power and ground leads from your power source to the VIN and GND pins on the power (motor) side of the MC33926 board. The red wire from the motor should be connected to one of the OUT pins and the black wire from the motor should be connected to the other OUT pin. This driver has a variety of ways to connect the control signals, but you could start by connecting the PWM signal from your controller to either D1 or D2 and setting the other to enable the driver. Then you can use two outputs from your controller connected to IN1 and IN2 for direction control. You can read more about the logic side connections under the “Basic Application Connections” section of the board’s product page.

If you are still having trouble, you could post a schematic of what you think the wiring should be and I will give you some feedback.

• Grant

Hi,

What are the input pins I need to use if I just want to apply PWM directly to IN1 and IN2? Will this work for the input side? Do I need to use any jumpers?

1. micro-controller pin 1 ===> IN1
  2. micro-controller pin 2 ===> IN2
  3. 5V logic VCC ==> VDD, EN
  4. GND ===> GND

Hello.

Your proposed connections look fine. However, to use the driver in the manner you describe, you would also need to hold the disable pins (D1 and D2) inactive. An easy way to do this is to add the default overriding jumpers. You can find more information in the “Pinout” section on the MC33926 Motor Driver Carrier’s product page.

- Grant