Changing SDL/SCA Pins to run Motoron with Teensy

Hello!

I am trying to control my Motoron M3S256 using a Teensy 3.2. I’m having trouble understanding how to change the base example code to work with the I2C pins on the Teensy.

The SCL/SDA Wire pins on the Teensy are 19/18, respectively. I am just trying to start with getting the very basic SetI2Adresses example code to run without error, and was trying to manually set the SCL and SDA pins of the Wire object ‘WIRE’ used throughout that example. I’m having a lot of trouble making this change, and am wondering if there is a simple solution I’m missing, or if this change requires redefining things within the library itself?

Any help would be really appreciated, thank you!

Have you tried the following?

Wire.begin(19, 18);

Yes I did, but I keep receiving the following error:

no matching function for call to ‘TwoWire::begin(int, int)’

I’m getting really stuck in trying to resolve this.

Hello.

The I2CSetAddresses.ino example program is not “very basic” and we do not recommend using it to change the Motoron’s I2C address unless you really need to. A better I2C example program from our Motoron Arduino library to get started with is I2CSimple.ino.

Can you try that example program without any modifications? If you have trouble with that, please provide more details about what problems/errors you are run into when you run into them. For example, if you are unable to upload the program to your Teensy, could you post the error report? If you are able to upload the program, but it does not behave as you expect, then could you describe what it does and post some pictures of your setup showing all of your connections?

- Patrick

Hi Patrick,

To clarify, I was only trying to use the I2CSetAddresses example to see if I could ensure a device was found at address 16 before I hooked up any motors (just do the type “s” step)!

But regardless, I just hooked up my motor and the I2CSimple example just now and everything seemed to work fine. So in that case, should I just proceed as normal and not worry about the errors I was running into before?

I’m not intending to change any addresses, add more Teensys, use different ports, etc., so if I can just proceed by building off of the I2CSimple example, that’d be the ,most ideal outcome!

Thanks!

I think it would be fine for you to proceed as you described by building off of the I2CSimple example. You can always make another forum post if you run into problems in the future.

- Patrick