Arduino Tic library: warnings with Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2

when compiling for this board a sketch using TicI2C these warnings are given:

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Desktop\GOSSE-NIEKE\sketchbook\libraries\Tic\Tic.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void TicI2C::getSegment(TicCommand, uint8_t, uint8_t, void*)’:
C:\Users\Gebruiker\Desktop\GOSSE-NIEKE\sketchbook\libraries\Tic\Tic.cpp:220:65: warning: ISO C++ says that these are ambiguous, even though the worst conversion for the first is better than the worst conversion for the second:
uint8_t byteCount = Wire.requestFrom(_address, (uint8_t)length);
^
In file included from C:\Users\Gebruiker\Desktop\GOSSE-NIEKE\sketchbook\libraries\Tic/Tic.h:15:0,
from C:\Users\Gebruiker\Desktop\GOSSE-NIEKE\sketchbook\libraries\Tic\Tic.cpp:1:
C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\libraries\Wire\src/Wire.h:62:13: note: candidate 1: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int)
uint8_t requestFrom(int, int);
^~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.6\libraries\Wire\src/Wire.h:60:13: note: candidate 2: virtual uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t)
uint8_t requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t);
^~~~~~~~~~~

can these warnings be ignored?

thanks in advance,
rolf meesters

i’m sorry, now the warnings have disappeared.
i’ve no clue why.

rolf meesters

well, i’ve a clue.
with a fresh compile the warnings are given.
repeating compile with just a small change does not show the warnings.
so, i guess my question stays: is it safe to ignore them.

rolf

Hello, Rolf.

Yes, that warning is safe to ignore. It is caused by some quirks of Arduino’s requestFrom() function and differences in what parameter types it takes across different platforms; we will look into what we can change to avoid it. Thanks for letting us know that it is an issue for the Uno Wifi Rev2.

Kevin