Arduino + RoboClaw 2x15

Good afternoon friends!

Need a little help with the arduino and RoboClaw 2x15;

The tutorial is well explained their mistake put me on configuring the card, and also when connecting the arduino to Roboclaw.

I’m trying to do the “Serial Packet” setting to capture the value of the temperature of the plate and make the motors.

Can you help me, please?

Hello.

I am not sure what you mean by “The tutorial is well explained their mistake put me on configuring the card, and also when connecting the arduino to Roboclaw”, but it sounds like you might be having trouble getting your RoboClaw to communicate with your Arduino via serial. I am not that familiar with the RoboClaws since we do not manufacture them, but I would be happy to help you start troubleshooting. Could you tell me more about your setup? How are you powering your system? Which Arduino are you using? How do you have it connected to the RoboClaw? What are you sending to the RoboClaw to read the temperature? Are you able to run any of the example programs provided in the RoboClaw Arduino Library to verify that you are able to communicate between your RoboClaw and Arduino? Could you also post pictures of your setup?

You might also try contacting the manufacture, Orion Robotics, directly for additional assistance.

- Jeremy

Hello Jeremy, thanks for replying.

I have attached a picture of my scheme.

In RobocLaw as the main battery is connected a 24V battery.
I’m using the Arduino UNO R3

The code I’m using is this:

//Arduino Mega and Leonardo chips only support some pins for receiving data back from the RoboClaw
//This is because only some pins of these boards support PCINT interrupts or are UART receivers.
//Mega: 0,10,11,12,13,14,15,17,19,50,51,52,53,A6,A7,A8,A9,A10,A11,A12,A13,A14,A15
//Leonardo: 0,8,9,10,11

//Arduino Due currently does not support SoftwareSerial. Only hardware uarts can be used, pins 0/1, 14/15, 16/17 or 18/19.

//Includes required to use Roboclaw library
#include "BMSerial.h"
#include "RoboClaw.h"

//Roboclaw Address
#define address 0x80

//Definte terminal for display. Use hardware serial pins 0 and 1
//BMSerial terminalSerial(0,1);

//Setup communcaitions with roboclaw. Use pins 10 and 11 with 10ms timeout
RoboClaw rc(0,1,10000);

void setup() {
  //Open terminal and roboclaw serial ports
  //terminalSerial.begin(57600);
  rc.begin(38400);
}

void loop() {
  char version[32];

if(rc.ReadVersion(address,version)){
    Serial.println(version);  
  }

delay(100);
}

My Schema:

postimg.org/image/r1ubhr2qf/

This code is to get the firmware version of roboclaw.

But it does not work, what am I doing wrong?

Note. I came here to ask for help, because I can not register myself in the forum OrionRobot and because I bought the card for pololu.

It looks like you commented out a few lines from the example? Does the program work without any modification? If not, I suspect the libraries (BMSerial and RoboClaw) are not installed correctly. Are the library names displayed in orange within the quotation marks of the #include statement in the Arduino IDE?

- Jeremy

Dear Friend,

The code is working without errors, and the library’s OK!

The problem is that I do not RoboClaw returns when sending the command to her.

I am sorry, I do not understand what you are having a problem with. It sounds like the code runs, but you are unable to read the version in the serial monitor. Is this the case? If not, could you try rephrasing the issue?

- Jeremy

That’s it!

I got this sample code to Arduino, which accesses the board version via TX / RX and does not work!

Could you post pictures of your setup? If you have access to an oscilloscope, could you try measuring the TX pin of the RoboClaw to see if it is transmitting any data?

- Jeremy