34:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx52L mm HP

Hi,
I recently bought two 34:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx52L mm HP from pololu. These seems to have a HUGE back-emf (or smthing) and does not work when they are connected to the power(DC 5V) supply…
However at times they vibrate and start to rotate, but most of the time they do not rotate.
So i used a TB6612FNG Dual Motor Driver Carrier and powered the motors. That also gives the same kind of response. (the motors vibrate like they are going to start to rotate but not)

Can someone please tell what should i do?
Is this a problem with this motors???

Hello.

I suspect your 5V power supply might not be able to deliver enough current. I suggest using a power supply that can deliver at least the stall current of the motors. Could you tell me what kind of power supply you are using? How much current can it deliver? Do you have a load attached to your motors?

- Grant

Thanks Grant.
My power supply can deliver 6000mA max, and i have no load.

However i tried using an H-bridge, and it works now.!!
I think the problem was the high back-emf that is generated…

I am not sure that back EMF was causing the problem, but I am glad you were able to get the motors to work. By the way, are you powering the H-bridge with the same power supply you used before? If so, I would have expected them to work when directly powered by the supply. If you had any other devices connected when you were using the power supply before or that power supply has any current limiting, those might have been what caused the motors to not work.

- Grant