29:1 Metal Gearmotor 37Dx52L mm with 64 CPR Encoder Specify

Good afternoon,

Two months ago the faculty where I am working bought the motor 29:1 Metal Gearmotor 37Dx52L mm with 64 CPR Encoder to your company and now we need some specifications of the motor for a project that are not written in the specifications sheet. I would be very you have it the dynamic parameters of the motor.

Many thanks for your attention and your time.

FESB

Thank you for your interest in our metal gearmotors. I am not sure what dynamic parameters you are interested in, but you can approximate various motor parameters from the information found in the “Specifications” tab. For example:

pololu.com/product/1443/specs

(Please note that we have changed the gear ratio in this product’s name from “29:1” to “30:1” so the name more accurately reflects the product. The product itself has not changed.)

If you are interested in the speed at varied voltages, that can be approximated as a linear relationship between no speed at 0V and the free-run speed at the rated voltage. If you are interested in the speed vs. torque curve, it can be approximated as a linear relationship between zero torque at the free-run speed and the stall torque at zero speed.

If those are not the dynamic parameters you were interested in, could you tell me in more detail what information about the motors you are looking for?

-Nathan

Thank you for the information! I would like to know too the Resistance, the Inductance, the Inertia and the constant (kt) of the motor, which are not included in the especifications sheet.

Many thanks for your attention.

FESB

You can estimate resistance of the coil by applying Ohm’s law to the value of your motor’s stall current at its operating voltage. To approximate the motor torque constant (Kt), you can divide the stall torque by the stall current. Other parameters, such as the inductance and inertia, would probably have to be measured.

-Nathan