24v23 Motor driver shortcut

Hi,

I made a shortcut between GND and VIN pins (logical ones) trying to add a LED to the Err pin, and now the Err LED is always ON. The Status yellow LED is alive, blinking every second.

The connection over USB also shows that the driver is alive, but is not detecting input voltage anymore.

Any workaround for this? Any schematic to try to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Hello.

If you started having these problems after VIN and GND were shorted together, the controller might be damaged. Please note that the smaller VIN and GND pins are connected to the larger VIN and GND pins that the terminal blocks are used in.

Does the board get hot when power is connected? Could you try removing the board from your setup and doing a continuity test between VIN and GND with a multimeter to see if there is a short between the two pins? If not, can you try connecting it to the Simple Motor Control Center software with only power connected to the board (e.g. no motors or other connections) to see if it still shows the “Low VIN” error? Also, can you inspect it for any visible signs of damage and post some close up pictures of both sides of the board?

Brandon

1 Like

Hi, @BrandonM !

Sorry for the delay in my answer, especially considering your fast response, but it was a very intense year end.

The board doesn’t heat up when it was turned on, which gave me hope that it would continue to work. When we removed it from the setup it was obvious that a track was burned; With a little love (replacing the track with a cable) the card came back to life and now it’s working.

I had photos of the repair but I lost them with my old cell phone (as I said, it was an intense year closing).

Thanks so much for your help and best regards.

1 Like

I am glad to hear you were able to get it working again! Thank you for following up with us and letting us know.

Good luck with your project!

Brandon