(2) 24v12 analog mode, differential with remote tether

would the pin out be the same as the pin out for radio control minus the receiver and in analog mode instead of rc mode, I will using a 2 pot joystick 50 away via multi conductor tether (radio remote control will not work since the vehicle will inside a 40 foot ship stern tube

thanks
James

Hello, James.

It sounds like you are asking what connections need to be made when using the Simple High-Power Motor Controller 24v12 with an analog feedback. If this is the case, you might find the “Connecting a Potentiometer or Analog Joystick” section of the user’s guide helpful.

-Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for your input, actually I’m having a problem with communicating with the second board. I have both pots of the joystick connected to pot 1&2 on the first board ,channel 1 & 2 jumpered to the second board. ERR connected to both. Both boards are set to analog, mix mode. the two pots on the joystick only affect the first motor as if they both are on the same circuit but on the status window X & Y are both functioning properly. With ERR connected nothing works. I can run both motors independently with with a pot connected to pot #1 on each board and mix mode delete.

Another problem I ran into, Board #2 while controlling in USB mode, the software freezes the only way to shut down the motor is to kill the power supply. Board #1 does not have this problem.

rough schematic of my connections

Thanks
24v12.pdf (69.5 KB)

Thank you for posting the diagram. It looks like you have the RC1 and RC2 pins of one board connected to the RC1 and RC2 pins of the second board. These pins are intended for use with RC systems. Connecting the RC1 and RC2 pins of one board to the other does not affect their analog input channels. Could you remove the wires connected to those pins and add wires that connect the analog input channel 1 and 2 pins and their ground pins from the first board to the same pins on the second board. You will also need to check the “Ignore Pot Disconnect” checkbox under the Advanced Settings tab of the Simple Motor Control Center on the second board, in order to not receive an error.

As for the software freezing with the second board, what do you have connected when controlling it with USB? Does the freezing still occur when you have the board removed from the rest of the system? What errors do you get in the control center when it freezes?

-Brandon

Brandon,

Your the MAN!!! thanks works as it should now. I’ll send some pics of the finished product. I’m building an internal video pipe crawler for ship inspections I perform.

Cheers
James

I am glad it is working now. It sounds really neat! We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your finished pipe crawler.

-Brandon