Zumo - USB device not recognized

Hi,
When I plug this Zumo in, I get an error from Windows 10 - USB Device not recognized. I have reinstalled the drivers and uploading before bootloader and bootloader before uploading. I get the same error on other machines and other Zumos work on all these machines. Here is the Device Manager image for this Zumo

and the Device manager for any other Zumo

Any ideas?

Thanks
Colin

Hello, Colin.

Has the Zumo ever been recognized by your computer? In case you have not already, can you confirm that you cable is not the problem by swapping cables with one of your other working Zumos? Is there any LED activity from the Zumo when it is connected to your computer with USB?

- Patrick

Hi Patrick,

This is a Zumo that I have been using for some time. In fact, it is the that had the LED orientation problem. I deployed an app to it without a problem one morning and then immediately made some changes and got this error.

I have swapped out the cable and used this computer and cable to successfully deploy code to another Zumo.

When it is plugged in, the red LED between reset and button C blinks several times and then stays on. The green LED in the center back is on continuously.

Does that help?

Colin

Hello.

Can you connect your Zumo to your computer, open the Device Manager, and see if you notice any changes in the Device Manager when you press the Zumo’s reset button twice? (Make sure you press the button quickly, within 750 ms.) Could you also tell us what the indicator LEDs do during that experiment, or maybe record and post a video of that?

- Patrick

Hi Patrick,
Here is a link to the video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckex7fyj8ucmk04/20191219_111852[1].mp4?dl=0
It shows that the port is created in bootloader mode. When I try to load an alternative app during the 6 seconds, even an empty app doesn’t seem to be able to upload before the bootloader times out. That may just be the machines here at school (not the best). I’ll try again with my machine at home this afternoon.

Later - the robot is unstuck. Thanks for your help
Colin

I am glad to hear you got your Zumo working! Thanks for letting us know.

- Patrick