Firstly I'd like to say that I have scoured the forums for a similar problem, but haven't been able to find any; so I apologise if a new topic wasn't necessary.
I am building a Zumo line following robot for the first time and I seem to be having problems reading values from the line sensor array.
I am using the standard Zumo v1.2 kit with an Uno R3 and Zumo reflectance array. I have followed the assembly instructions available on your website with the following differences:
- Charge connector and buzzer have not been installed.
- Vin pin on the Zumo has NOT been soldered in as I want the Arduino to be powered separately
- I have NOT installed the 3 pin header on the array as my project does not need dynamic control of the LEDs/emitters.
I am using the basic calibration example code provided when the library is installed and these are the sensor values I get:
2000 2000 8 8 2000 40
2000 2000 8 8 2000 2000
As you can see Sensor 5 is the only one that works as it should. Changing the lighting conditions causes Sensor 1 and 4 to work intermittently. Sensor 2 sometimes gives values of ~100 min and ~140 max; again depending on the lighting conditions. But Sensors 0 and 3 never move from the values shown above.
It's just odd that Sensor 5 consistently works well in all lighting conditions.
- The sensor bar is about 5mm off the ground.
- Using a phone I can tell that all 6 sensors give a purple glow.
- The 2 red LEDs on the sensor bar are on.
- The soldering was done by a professional solderer so there aren't any solder joint issues.
- I have confirmed continuity from the sensor pins all the way to the Arduino.
- I am using black electrical tape on a white paper for calibration
I am afraid I am missing something very trivial. I appreciate any assistance as it is really frustrating.