Wireless communication with Orangutan SVP?

Hi everyone,
i need to send two values (two long variables) from an Orangutan SVP to an another wirelessly. Is it possible? How can i do it? Shoud i use Wixel module?
Thanks
-grigio

Hello.

What kind of range do you need for your communication?

- Ben

hi,
the range is about 15-20 meters. Do you know what’s the best solution?
-grigio

I don’t know about the “best solution”, but I think a pair of Wixels running the wireless serial app would probably work for you. Then you could just program your two Orangutans to talk to each other as if their serial ports were directly connected. Note that we list the range of the Wixel as approximately 40 ft, so you might not reliably get 20 m with them in a complicated environment (e.g. with a lot of walls and other obstacles in the way). However, you should be able to past 40 ft if you have line-of-sight between your two Wixels (we were able to achieve a range of 200 ft outside with a test pair).

- Ben

Hello.

Please also note that the Wixel is a 3.3V part so you will need to divide down the voltage from the SVP’s TX pin.

- Ryan

Thank you for your help! Unfortunatly in these days i have no time to dedicate to this project! I’ll ask you for other info when i can work on it.
This forum is really helpful!
- grigio