Wild Thumper Motors

I Started off with stock 1/75 @130 rpm motors and soon switched gearheads over to 1/34 @285rpm. Currently the Thumper travels just a little faster than I walk and I would like to get it up to 600-1000 rpm. Has anyone found a replacemnet motor with that capability? Thanks

Hello.

I haven’t tried them, so I’m not sure if they will provide enough torque, but (possibly as of this week) we sell those same type of motor with a couple of different lower gear ratios.

- Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I started with the 1/75 then uped to the 1/34 thus I’m awair of the TQ loss there and I think the 1/20 would work OK, the speed would not be what I’m after. Any of the others I think would be too low in TQ. and expencive trial. I’m hoping someone might have found a different brand that might fit. If all else fails I’m prepaired to proto and new build.

Hello.

I am not aware of any other motors models with the same dimensions as the 25D metal gearmotors. Have you considered increasing the motor voltage? Please note that while this will give you more torque and speed, it will also probably shorten the lifetimes of the motors, and stalling the motors at voltages significantly higher than 7.2 V could melt the brushes.

- Ben

When I tried to do that connected to SMC it would let me. I typed it in and when I hit apply it reverts back to 6.0 so I thought it was the program for these motors . Is there anouther way around it. Thank Ben, Bill

Can you clarify which setting you’re talking about? The default SMC settings allow it to work over its entire recommended voltage range.

- Ben

Sorry ben I was called away, my mistake I was thinking of the RPM setting of 3200 that I had tried to change. I also tried to switch this over to a sabertooth 2x12 RC to see if I could get a little more out of it. It ran fine the first two battery charges, but the third time I connected up the green led lit up but every time I try to move the RC controller a red led comes on for two seconds. I’ve gone over the paper that came with it and can’t find what might be the problem. Batteries are right up so it’s not low voltage, any ideas? Thanks for your time, Bill

Are you having trouble with the Sabertooth or the SMC. If it is the SMC, please describe your setup (including your power supply and which SMC model you are using), and please use the Simple Motor Control Center to determine why the red LED is lighting up.

- Ben

It’s the sabertooth that has quit. The green LED lites up under power but when I try to use the RC controller the Red LED comes on for two seconds then goes out. It has worked fine for two battery charges, then just into the third this started. I can’t find any blink codes for this device, do you know of any? Bill

We do not manufacture or distribute the Sabertooth, and I do not know enough about it to provide the level of support you are requesting. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? If you go back to the Simple Motor Controller and run into trouble, please let me know.

- Ben