Wheels + dc motor and what else?

I am a newbie when it comes to arranging proper set of hardware components.
I have bought this dc motor: Pololu - 99:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx69L mm HP 12V with 48 CPR Encoder

and this pair of wheel: Pololu Wheel 90×10mm Pair - Black

Now it is obvious that the shaft diameter is bigger than what the wheel can fit. So, my question is can I still make this set of dc motor and wheel work together by using some mounting? If yes, can you please suggest me which exact mounting do I need?

Hello.

The wheel you mentioned is designed to go on a 3mm D-shaft and the motor you mentioned has a 4mm D-shaft output, so you are correct that you will need some other hardware, like a mounting hub to connect the two, such as what is shown in this example picture. You can check if a hub is compatible using the wheel’s dimension diagram for those wheels, which is available on the product page under the “Resources” tab.

If you are primarily using US hardware, my suggestion would be to use our Universal Aluminum Mounting Hub for 4mm shaft with #4-40 holes. If you are primarily using metric hardware, then I would suggest the version of the 4mm shaft hub with M3 holes.

- Patrick