What Energy supply i should use please?

Hi guys, I really need your help. I got a 6 micro controller Pololu and on it, it’s going to have 6 micro servo of 9gr 4.8V each. They will do a very simple glove fingers move, being hangs on a fake wall at an exhibition.
Besides the 6 servos on my Pololu, I need the energy supply/batteries right?
: what would u recommend me to be able to run for around 8h ? What kind (specifications) battery pack I should put on it? And then just recharge the batteries? Or those battery holders with rechargeable batteries?
Or is there a way to just plug with an usb cable on a plug on a wall?? What’s a simples solution to make my program run for hours? Does that blue cap (jumper I think) needs to be on it? Cos the one I bought didn’t came with it. I bought at a reseller here in Germany. Can I replace that blue piece with something else if that is necessary?
Thanks a LOT

Hello.

To clarify for anyone else who comes across this post, it sounds like you are referring to the Micro Maestro 6-channel servo controller.

I recommend reading through our blog post about understanding battery capacity. In short, you can add up the combined current draw of your servos (and anything else in your system) and use that with your battery’s capacity rating to calculate an approximate runtime.

Whether you use a battery pack or separate batteries in a holder doesn’t matter, so you can choose whichever is easiest for you to charge. If you cannot find rechargable NiMH batteries with a high enough capacity to give you the runtime you want, you could also consider a high capacity battery at a higher voltage such as a 2S LiPo with an appropriate step-down regulator.

You should not use the USB connection to provide power for your servos, since it will not be able to handle the current draw. If you want to power the Maestro’s logic and servos from the same power supply, you can connect the VIN pin on the Maestro to the servo power rail as shown in the “Powering the Maestro” section of the Maestro user’s guide; on the Mini Maestro controllers this can be done with the included blue shorting block, but on the 6-channel Micro Maestro you would have to make that connection with a separate jumper wire. Also, please note that the Maestro requires 5–16 V.

If you do not need your setup to be mobile, you could power it from a wall power adapter using something like this DC barrel jack adapter to connect to the Maestro with jumper wires. A 5V one with an appropriate current rating for your servos would probably work fine. I generally recommend choosing a supply that has a higher current rating than the combined stall current of your servos.

Brandon