I’ve been running into issues where I’m unable to command my motor using a VNH5019 Dual Driver Sheild after a fault was detected and the motor driver was power cycled.
This is what I’m seeing:
- Motor driver operates as expected and is able to power a motor
- A fault is detected by querying the ENA/DIAGA pin
- Motor driver is power cycled
- No fault is detected but the motor driver is unable to command the motor
- Motor driver magically starts working after left alone for 10-15 mins
I’m curious as to what the fault detection logic is. For example, if the fault was due to overheating, will the fault not be detected when the motor driver is powered on and is already above the max temp limit?