VL6180X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier/Breakout Brd

Is your “VL6180X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier/Breakout Board” in accordance with RoHS standards (ie, no lead used on the circuit board, etc)?

Thank you.

Hello.

The “etc” and non-standard phrases like “in accordance with RoHS standards” can be misleading since they might have nothing to do with something like lead content; RoHS compliance is a lot about documentation. Our RoHS compliance is based on specific instances, not the products in general. So we don’t say a particular product is RoHS, but we can get you RoHS ones, and if the one you have is labeled RoHS, it is. (But if you lose the label, we usually won’t be able to tell you.)

If getting RoHS-compliant parts is important to you, please contact us before ordering to make sure you get RoHS parts that we can document as RoHS.

- Amanda

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, but I did not understand your answer. Most electronics vendors (both large and small) these days simply state with one or two words whether a product is RoHs compliant or is not RoHs compliant; there is not any middle ground. To rephrase my question simply, is the “VL6180X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier/Breakout” that is currently shipping RoHS compliant or not?

In advance, thank you.

Part of the reason my initial response was not one or two words is that you had a non-standard phrasing of the question (i.e., you did not just ask if they were RoHS compliant).

Anyway, the main reason that “is X RoHS compliant” does not have a yes or no answer for us is that some units are RoHS compliant and others are not. If you need an RoHS compliant unit, let us know, and we can get you one. You can tell if it’s RoHS compliant or not based on the label: if it says it’s RoHS, it is; if it doesn’t, it’s not. If you lose the bag or don’t keep track of what you have, we probably cannot tell you later.

In the specific case of the VL6180X carrier, this is a new part, and we know that all units in stock and shipped so far have been labeled as RoHS-compliant. We expect this to continue to be the case going forward, but this is just a comment in a forum so you should not be using this as a guarantee for what might be the case in the future. If you want to make sure you get a RoHS unit, talk to us before you order.

- Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Many thanks for your detailed reply. I will be contacting you shortly to order some RohS compliant units.