VL6180x Sensor not giving proper reading

Hello,

I am using the VL6180x ToF distance sensor. I have connected it with Arduino Mega 2560. Even after running the default examples of vl6180x library, reading in the COM port only prints the maximum value (255). Nothing is changing even after I change the distance of the object from the sensor.
Is there any way to check if the Pololu VL6180x module is working properly or not? What should I check to see if the sensor is properly responding or not?

Thanks in advance.

Hello.

I moved your thread to the “Sensors” section of the forum since it is specific to the VL6180x time-of-flight sensor.

Running the example sketches from the library is a good way to test the sensor. Since that did not work correctly for you, could you post some pictures of your setup that show all of your connections, as well as close-up pictures of both sides of your VL6180x sensor that clearly show your soldering?

Brandon

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for your reply.
I checked the connections, and then I found out that there was a slight problem with the soldering that I did. My bad! I re-do the soldering and now the sensor is working fine as expected with all three example codes.

Subham

1 Like