VL53L1X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier with Voltage Regulator

Hello, I have a question of VL53L1X time-of-Flight Distance Sensor. The VL53L1X features a programmable region of interest (ROI), so the full field of view can be reduced or divided into multiple zones.
I want to know if I can change ROI dynamically. Take measurements at different ROIs in a short time. The previous sensor, based on the VL53L1X that I used, needed a few seconds to upload the configuration and restart.
Thank you for your answer

Hello,

I just replied to your email with the same question before noticing that you also posted here on the forum. I have copied my response from the email below; in the future, please let us know if you decide to contact us through multiple support channels so we can better coordinate a response:

You can change the ROI of the VL53L1X by calling an API function, and I believe that can be done on-the-fly without requiring the sensor to otherwise be reset; however, we have not done much with the programmable ROI feature ourselves.

Since your question is mainly about the VL53L1X itself, I recommend that you try to contact ST directly, since they manufacture the VL53L1X IC and provide the official API for it. You could post your question on their community site.

Kevin

I understand thanks for the answer