VL53L1X pull up

Does your VL53L1X have pull up resistors on the SCl and SDA lines and is there a way to disable them when using multiple on the same bus?

Our VL53L1X carriers do have pull-up resistors (and some level shifting circuitry) on the SCL and SDA pins. You can find more details about this in the schematic diagram found on the VL53L1X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor Carrier’s product page. There is no practical way to disable them other than removing the surface-mount resistors. Depending on how many you plan on connecting to the same bus, you might not need to remove them, but if you would like to try, I can post a diagram to indicate where each of those resistors are.

Brandon

Hello Brandon,
I would like to remove the pull-up resistors from the pololu’s VL53L1X breakout.
Can you please post this diagram you were talking about ?

Best regards

Hello, Vial.

I have circled R1 and R2, which are the main pull-up resistors on the SCL and SDA pins, in the picture below. Please note that R3 and R4 (on SCLLV and SDALV) will still slightly pull up SCL and SDA through the internal diodes of the MOSFETs; however, you can’t really remove those or the level shifters will not work.

Brandon

Understood, thank you very much :slight_smile: