VL53L1X - Failed to detect and initialise sensor

Greetings!

I have a Arduino Uno that is connected to a Pololu VL53L1X.

I am currently using the VL53L1X Distance Sensor Library Version 1.0.1 by Pololu, ContinuousWithDetails example but I keep receiving the error “Failed to detect and initialize sensor”

You will find below the relevant screenshots. Please kindly advise.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply!

Cheers,
Amos

Hello, Amos.

I am sorry you are having trouble communicating with your time of flight sensor. Can you send pictures that clearly show the other side of the board?

-Jon

Hi Jon,

Let me know if you need any other angles!

Cheers,
Amos

Those angles are fine. Can you remove your jumper wires from your setup and use a multimeter to check the continuity of each one? If those are all good, can you then make your connections again and check continuity between the sensor and the Uno?

Also, was the sensor ever working for you? Have you previously used that Arduino to read other I2C sensors?

-Jon

Hi Jon,

I have used a multimeter to check the continuity and all the connection checks out. I have tried it with another VL53L1X Sensor and the problem still persists.

We are switching to another sensor since it doesnt seem to work. Thanks for your help anyway!

Cheers,
Amos

If multiple sensors are not working, that suggests there could be a problem with your setup or code. If you want to continue troubleshooting, please let me know.

-Jon

Hi i was facing same issue, finally i solve the issue my VL53L0X/VL53L1X now working ok, here is the solution of the issue in this video. [https://youtu.be/QEiNbTB8nNE ]
its the power issue, you just need small modifecation in code to solve this issue

1 Like