Can anyone help me. I know VB6 is an old program but I still use it very effectively.
I have tried every “so called” solution I could find. I made sure I selected the right port number and Pololu settings for usb.
I one time I got the thing working but it seem to limit it self at 0 to 127 then start all over again. I tried both Pololu and Mini Scc formats. When I use the Pololu servo motor controller it works fine.
I been working on this problem for over a week now and I’ve come to conclusion that the firmware might be the issue.
VB6 uses MScomm fore serial communication. perhaps there are issues with that?
I am ruining Visual basic 6 in Windows 8… could there be a compatibility issue?
I am racking my brains trying to figure it out.
If there is anyone having the same problem under the same conditions please let me know.
If you have reference to a tried and true source code in VB6 I’d really appreciate the reference.
By the way… I did try the following with no results.
The following is the best and most recent solution but it doesn’t work!
Start a new VB6 project.
Add a MSComm control as MSComm1.
'a) To open Port 2…
MSComm1.CommPort = 2
MSComm1.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
MSComm1.PortOpen = True 'Open the port
'b) To set Servo 5 speed to 20…
MSComm1.Output = Chr(135) + Chr(5) + Chr(20 Mod 128) + Chr(20 \ 128)
'c) To set Servo 5 acceleration to 8…
MSComm1.Output = Chr(137) + Chr(5) + Chr(8 Mod 128) + Chr(8 \ 128)
'd) To set Servo 5 target to 1500µs…
a = 4 * 1500 'convert to quarter micro-secs
MSComm1.Output = Chr(132) + Chr(5) + Chr(a Mod 128) + Chr(a \ 128)
'e) To close the port…
MSComm1.PortOpen = False