Value ? Current limit on babyorangutan-BOARD

Hello

with my babyorangutans (328), two pcs, I will drive two DC-motors (on each) from type pololu #2208 - so the average max. current for both motors is about 2*0,36A < 1 A. With some security gap (start phase) I assume it will be 2 A. This is right for the motor driver. But where are the limits for the board (reverse current protection Q1 and Transistor) ?

The schematic diagram show me the Vbat output to the motordriver input BEHIND the Q1 and the transistor.

Question:
What is the maximum allowed current for the driven motors for the board (total)?

[size=85](I hope my technical english ist understandable)[/size]

Hi.

The MOSFET (Q1) used in the Baby Orangutan’s reverse voltage protection circuit will not limit the current the motors can draw. It should handle 4A spikes just fine. The limit on the amount of motor current comes from the TB6612FNG drivers which are only rated for 1A continuous and 3A peak.

-Claire

Hello Claire,

a quickly reply, now all is clear, thank you very much.

I found the limitations (and more) about the TB6612FNG driver in Toshibas doc (TB6612FNG, 2008-05-09). The only thing i didn found in your documentations was type resp. current limitation of Q1.

Thank you
with kind regards
from bavarian mountains
Josef