USB Serial Transmitter

Hi
I’ m using the USB-serial adapter in serial mode with the Pololu Serial Transmitter to send commands from m computer.
It works and the command is send but just after sending a 3 bytes command the Serial transmitter starts receiving data from the USB-Serial adapter and that freez my computer for 5 mins before restarting.

Can anyone give me some advice please.

-Gesane

Hello.

Can you tell me more about what you’re using the program for and what operating system you’re running it on? What data is the program receiving? Does it freeze your computer every time you try? If you let me know more about what you’re doing, maybe I can duplicate the situation to figure out what the problem is. Note that the serial transmitter was designed to be a very simple program to test Pololu serial devices; it’s not intended to be used as a robust, general-purpose terminal program.

- Ben

Hi

I’m using the program for driving a small car made with 2 dc motors and a Baby Orangutan 168. The car just have to turn left, right,move foward and backward. I use the Serial Transmitter for telling the car where to go but it’s not suppose to answer back.

it start doing this since the first time i forgot to switch the jumper mode.

-Gesane

Hi
I tried now to program the baby orangutan and when i’m trying to erease de device the car is turning around and i have a massage error telling me that
A problem occured when executing the command.
I verify evrything the message ask me to do. And evrything was clear
i tried also to reduce the ISP frequency but i still have the same error

-Gesane

Are you using AVR Studio? Can you connect properly to the programmer (i.e. is the problem with the programmer or the Baby Orangutan)? Do you have any signs of life from your Orangutan? Have you tried resetting the programmer by unplugging it from your computer and then plugging it back in? Is the jumper in the right place?

- Ben