UM7 Orientation Sensor - Arduino Mega 2560

Hello,

I am trying to use the UM7 Orientation Sensor with an Arduino Mega 2560, but the Serial Interface Software from Redshift Labs does not work. I have checked the connections of TX, RX, GND, and Vin (5 V - Arduino´s input). The sensor is connected, however, the configuration data is not displayed. So could you tell me if it is possible to use the UART communication for this microcontroller board?
Also, I have searched for Arduino, Ros, and Python´s codes for this sensor nevertheless, it seems to be only for CH Robotics, which is not available now. I have tried the UM7 library from Arduino, but the command UM7 imu and UM7::UM7() : state(STATE_ZERO){} are not working correctly. As well as the um7py and um7 libraries from Python, there are no available examples for the sensor.

Yours sincerely,
Paula.

Hello.

Could you post a picture of your setup showing all of your connections?

The UM7 was originally developed by CH Robotics, and Redshift Labs is now manufacturing and supporting them. There have been some components updated on the Redshift Labs version of the sensors, but they should otherwise be functionally identical to the previous CH Robotics versions. So, I would expect Arduino libraries made for the CH Robotics version to work with the newer Redshift Labs version; however, I recommend getting the Serial Interface Software to work first so you can test the board with limited variables.

Brandon

Dear Brandon.

For this project, I cannot use the Serial Interface Software. That is why I am trying to use de Arduino Mega with Arduino or even better python libraries. The connections I am using are the attached ones (TX to RX1 - pin 19 and RX to TX1 - pin 18).

Yours sincerely,
Paula.

Thank you for posting those pictures; I do not see any obvious problems with those connections. What baud rate are you using? Could you post a copy of your code and a link to the library you are using?

By the way, I still think it would be helpful to get the Serial Interface Software working first to make sure the board is working correctly, and to be able to see and adjust its settings using a GUI.

Brandon

Dear Brandon.

Thank you for the help. I used Arduino DUE, and it worked perfectly.

Yours sincerely,
Paula.