uLog

Hello,

I got both uLog and Logomatic V2 boards. But they do not come with instruction.

First for the uLog, how do I connect the RS232 (Comport to computer)? What is the hyper terminal settings? I had tried 38400 8-N-1 but did not work. Please let me know.

Thanks
Shen

Hello.

The datasheets for these products are located under the resources tabs of the product web pages:

pololu.com/catalog/product/1623/resources
pololu.com/catalog/product/1622/resources

- Ben

Hi Ben,

Fopr the uLog, I connected the pin as below:

Power
+5VDC - VIN
GND -GND

RS232 COM1(DB9)
Pin2 RX - MOSI/TX
Pin3 TX - MISO/RX
Pin5 GND - GND

Comport setting: 38400 8-N-1

But I did not see “?” in Hyperterminal. Please let me know if I did anything wrong.

Thanks
Shen

Hi Shen.

The uLog has a 3.3V TTL serial interface, not RS-232. You could easily damage the device by connecting RS-232 voltage levels to it. You should use something like our USB-to-serial adapter or a Max232 RS-232-to-TTL converter to connect the uLog to your computer.

- Ben

Hi Ben,

I used a RS232 shifter but still did not get “?” in my Hyperterminal screen. I tested the shifter by connecting RX to TX and the shifter works. When turn ON the uLog along, I noticed the led flash rapidly then slow down. When I connected the RS232 shifter, the led flash radidly then stop. Do you know any thing I did wrong? Please let me know.

Thanks
Shen

It’s very possible that you damaged the unit when you connected RS-232 voltage levels directly to the I/O pins. I suggest you contact the manufacturer of the product (Sparkfun Electroncs) directly for technical support. Make sure you tell them that you initially connected the unit’s serial pins directly to your RS-232 cable.

- Ben