U4 component name

Hello,
I think one component right in the centre of LV168 controller board is dead (it heats and prevents board from running). It is SC70-6 package. From the schematic I found out that it is probably logic OR component (U4). I would like to replace the part with the functional one, but I’m not able to find out what is the name of component. Doesn’t anybody know where to buy it?

Thanks

Martin

Dobry den, Martine. (I’m assuming you’re Czech.)

The part is SN74LVC1G97DCKR from TI. I don’t think we’ve ever heard of one of those failing; do you have any idea what might have caused the problem?

- Jan

Ahoj Honzo, trefil ses… to jde z mé angličtiny tak snadno poznat, že jsem z ČR? :slight_smile:

Thank you, I’m going to buy it.

Martin

Ta anglictina vypada vyborne (urcite lip nez moje cestina). Ja jsem si vsiml hlavne toho “centre”, tak jsem se snazil zjistit jestli jste z Evropy (v Americe by se dali objednat vzorky od TI zdarma; nevim, jak to funguje v Cesku).

- Jan

Díky. Hoří nám termín, takže to budeme kupovat z farnellu, ať je to doma co nejdříve.

Můžu se ještě zeptat, jak je to s reklamacemi tohoto kontroleru, pokud se vyskytla závada tak, jak jsem ji popsal? Byla by uznána? Je to pouze hypotetická otázka, reklamovat to nebudeme protože potřebujeme desku co nejdříve rozchodit. (tedy - nevím, jestli jste odpovědná osoba…)

Martin

I’d like to bring this back to English since you have some policy questions that I want to answer precisely and since others might be interested in or have suggestions about your logic gate failure.

In general, we don’t accept returns of damaged products. We test every unit we ship so that we can be confident in the quality of our products, and failure of our products is usually the result of abuse by the customer (usually accidental, but I’ve heard my share of “I figured 12V is close enough to the specified max of 9V” or “I don’t believe in static electricity”). However, we try to be reasonable, and we’ll usually at least take a look at a broken item to see if we can fix it.

In the case of your U4 logic gate, it’s surprising to hear that it failed since it is generally internal and there isn’t much reason for it to get pushed to the limit the way the I/O pins or motor driver might. Can you provide any more details about what might have happened?

- Jan

OK, sorry.

I’m not sure what could happen - when riding with the robot, the mosfets in the corner of the board (the one which is driven by U4) started to blow. Really, I’m not able to describe it better. I can only see that the mosfets are burnt and U4 heats, so I guess, U4 is dead and consumes higher current than the charge pump on the board can supply. Since the charge pump limits higher currents, it should be OK and when we replace U4 I hope the board will run.

Martin