Trex Jr. Configurator Software

Howdy

I just purchased the Trex Jr. and can not get the configurator software to install.
I recieve and error:

“And error occurred attemping to install TrexConfigurator
Invalid Menu Handle”

Any ideas why I’m getting this?
Thanks … Johnjohn

Hello.

I’m sorry you are having trouble installing the software. Can you please provide us with some more information, like what operating system you have (e.g. Windows XP Home 32 bit) and what service packs you have installed?

- Ryan

Howdy

Thanks for the reply.

Windows XP - 32 bit
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Thanks … Johnjohn

That is a pretty common OS configuration, and we have never heard anyone with this problem before. Probably the download got corrupted in some way. Can you try downloading the file again? If that doesn’t work, can you take a screenshot of the error dialog and post it here (you can take a screenshot with the keyboard shortcut Alt+Print Screen).

- Ryan

Hope this is what you wanted.

I have downloaded 3 times, still same ending.

Johnjohn

Sorry you are still having trouble. I still think it is a corrupted file. What browser are you using to download the file? A couple of websites suggest trying RightClick -> Save as, instead of just clicking on the .zip file link. Can you try that? Can you try a different browser? Do you have any download accelerator programs that might be interfering with the download? If you contact us, we can try emailing the file to you. Does that install.log file referenced in the details contain anything interesting?

- Ryan

Downloaded Mozzila and gave that a try and still the same error.
Tried to right click and Save as, still no go.
Lost here and don’t know what else to try.
Hate to pay $60 plus and not be able to use it.
NOT saying anything bad about Pololu here, I’m sure it’s my computer config or something strange on my end.
I’ll keep trying though … lol

Johnjohn

Hello.

Just so you know, the configurator program is not required to use the TReX Jr. If you want to control it from a computer, you’d probably want to write your own PC software, anyway. Can you tell us more about your project? How are you planning on using the TReX?

- Ben

Well, darn, I’m sorry it’s still not working. Can you post the install.log file referenced in the error message? Do you have another computer you could try it on?

- Ryan