TIC T500 with Actuonix S20 Linear Actuator - Display Real-Time Position?

Hello,

I am using a TIC T500 controller, in Serial Mode with Pololu protocol, to run an Actuonix S20 Linear Actuator from a Seeed ReTerminal (RPi 4 CM) with Node-Red.

Does anyone know if it is possible to send the current position (while moving) to a display in real-time, like how that is displayed in the ticgui app?

I could use sample code (in Javascript or Python), if available, please. But a simple nudge in the right direction would also be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Hello.

I have not used ReTerminal and we do not have any Node-Red examples, but in general the way you would do that is by continuously sending the “Get variable” command to read the “Current position” from the Tic, then printing it to your display.You can find information about the “Get variable” command in the Command reference section of the Tic user’s guide, and details about the “Current position” variable in the Variable reference section.

Brandon

Thank you, Brandon.

That makes sense. I just thought there might be a more elegant solution than spamming that command. But I certainly can make due.

1 Like