Supply insert

Hi,

i want to insert external supply voltage to the 3pi robot over a switch.
How many volt can the switching regulator handle max?
Have u got a datasheet from this ?
thx

Hello.

What makes you think the switching regulator max input voltage is the limiting parameter? (It’s not necessarily the case.) Also, what are you trying to achieve by putting in a higher voltage than you’d get with batteries? I recommend setting the power supply to about 6V, which should give you plenty of margin from the 8V limit on earlier 3pi revisions. By the way, you should make sure the batteries are not in place when you switch in that power supply.

- Jan

Hi,

i am buidling an extension board for the robot which includes a camera- and a wlan-modul. for this i use also a switching regulator which is powered by a 2 cell lipo. now i wanna extend the capacity of the robot bat. with this lipo pack. this pack has 8.2 V so i have to power the robot over my switching regulator and not directly from the lipo-saving-curcuit.
-fanta

The units we are shipping now can handle the 8.2V. One prominent part to look at is the 5V regulator: if you have a SOT-223 part (3 leads on one side, big tab on the other), you can use the two LiPo cells; if you see a part with three leads on each side, your unit has the 8V limit.

- Jan