Speed rests to Zero

This is my first experience in animatronics. I’m not sure if I have selected the correct category.
Two questions - I am setting up a 6 channel Pololu Maestro for the first time. I have set the speed to 25 on each servo. I have created an 18 frame sequence, and when I click Play Sequence, it runs as intended. When I copy the sequence to script, the buttons along the bottom are greyed out. I have to click Apply Settings to be able to make the buttons active, but when I do, this resets the speeds back to zero under the Status tab, and the sequence runs at full speed. EDIT - I discovered that this setting needed to be changed under the Channel Settings tab.
Second question - the Pololu YouTube video makes reference to a Jumper that must be fitted to run the controller without USB support. I don’t have the Jumper, and even if I had, it’s not clear from the video where it should be fitted on the 6 Channel Controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello.

I moved your post to the “Servo controllers and servos” section of the forum since it seems more approrpiate.

To clarify about the speed, you can think of the speed and acceleration settings in the “Channel Settings” tab like a “default” that gets applied whenever the Maestro is power cycled or reset. When you change the settings in the “Status” tab (or in a script), it is essentially a temporary override.

As noted at the 5:26 mark of that demonstration video, the 6-channel Micro Maestro does not have a jumper for connecting the servo power to VIN, but you can solder a wire between VIN and one of the servo power connections to accomplish the same thing. You can find more information under the “One power supply” heading of the Powering the Maestro section of the Maestro user’s guide.

Brandon