Slowing down servos

What would be the best way for me to slow down the servos on my arm? It is using orangutan-lib’s servo functions, and works decently, except for when it rips itself off of the base. I know you could do a for loop and increment the values. But to be quite honest, that seems like a pain. Is there a better way?

BTW, my project is almost done, and you can check it out on Youtube here. This should also give you an idea of what I mean.

Thanks.

Speed controlling multiple servos at the same time is a lot of overhead to deal with, but If you want to keep using those libraries, changing the positions in smaller increments within a loop of some sort is the only way I can think of. That’s actually my favorite feature of the Pololu serial servo controllers. For ~$20 you can set the speed, and forget it!

-Adam

Yeah… I was thinking about those. Maybe eventually.

I don’t think I will be able to implement that (or want to), so I guess I’ll just keep it the way it is for now.

Thanks.

You can also slow your servos down a little by dropping the voltage on the servo power line. Most servos are still happy at 4V, but slower and less powerful.

-Adam

Yeah. That was actually plan B. I just didn’t mention it :slight_smile: