Simulating response

Hi everyone,

I’d like to do the following: A standalone Mini Maestro simulates a response (e.g., button press), say once every 10 msec, and a different Mini Maestro, connected to an OS, gets it as input. Is it possible to do such a thing? If so, I’d like to know how.

Thanks in advance,
Jack777

Hello, Jack777.

You can simulate a button press from one Maestro to another. The transmitting Maestro would have one of its channels set as a digital output, and this channel would be connected to a channel (set as an analog or digital input) on the receiving Maestro. To get the transmitting Maestro to transmit every 10 seconds, you would use a script.

By the way, what are you trying to do by simulating a button press from another Maestro?

Grant

Grant,

Thanks for answering my question. I’m trying to do this for assessing the precision and accuracy of my Raspberry Pi-Maestro interface.

You said, “The transmitting Maestro would have one of its channels set as a digital
output, and this channel would be connected to a channel (set as an
analog or digital input) on the receiving Maestro.”

Can I directly connect an output-channel of the transmitting Maestro to an input-channel of the receiving Maestro? I mean, connecting the GND pin of the output-channel to the GND pin of the input-channel and, likewise, the signal pin of the output-channel to the signal pin of the input-channel? (Or maybe, the GND pin of the output-channel to the signal pin of the input-channel and the signal pin of the output-channel to the GND pin of the input-channel?)

Thanks,
Jack777

?

You can directly connect the signal pin of the transmitting Maestro to the signal pin of the receiving Maestro, and you will also want to have a common ground between the two devices. The connecting ground pins between the two Maestros do not necessarily need to be the ones next to the signal pins, as all the ground pins on the Maestro are all connected on the board.

Grant

Hi Grant,

Thank you very much! That’s helpful. I will try that.

Toshi