Sidewalk Surface Data Logger for Wheelchair access evaluation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherently_funny_word I was asked to show this link but before I could I accidentally closed the site. I came back and want to complete my initiation so here it is. Now for my inquiry.

I am new to Robotics. Can I use any Three wheel Smart Car controller and program on a larger Actobotic three wheeled robot? Actobotic has the frames, wheels, and servos to drive the wheels. Can I use the smart car controller and can it be programed to do the following?

1. Can the smart car be programed to:
    advance 18 inches with 6-8 second delay before advancing another 18 inches, with a pause in case it crashes?
    Travel speed for 18” should be about 2 seconds.
  2. Can I add an optical switch that will trigger the inclinometers to take a reading?
  3. Can the software record force on different inclines by way of resistance load on motor?
  4. Can it also log azimuth compass?
  5. Can the software log each 18 inch advance movement with count, date and time stamp in ANSI text so I can upload into Excel?
  6. Can I mark samples to make note of start or stop or other significant notations which I manually enter in my field book to look up the marked sample once uploaded?

Since I need to carry a heavier power pack plus two inclinometers I am planning on using the Actobotic frame with wheels and servos below. That unit can carry around 3 pounds of payload. I want to couple software and controller with this robot frame.
The actobotic can it carry additional battery power to power the servo’s, inclinometers, and electronics hardware. The device can be tethered or operate by radio controller. I think tethered on controller with display so I can see logging data, will be more stable. I can upload data later to PC so device needs on board memory. Would like to log at least 2,100 points of measurements at a time or more.

I am trying to build an automatic data logging device that will log the pitch and roll on wheelchair access routes. For your information the Americans with Disabilities Act requires a continuous unobstructed access route. The original research was conducted in 1949 at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Campus.

Thanks for your consideration

Hello,

We do not carry any product called smart car controller. If you are referring to one of our products by some other name, can you post a link to it?

If it is someone else’s product, you should probably inquire with them to see how to use it with that Actobotics kit.

-Derrill

Hi Derrill,
Sorry for the double entry. can I use the m3pi Robot + mbed NXP LPC1768 Development Board Combo to drive a larger 3 wheel robot frame that can hold more weight 3#, with
Travel speed for 18” at 2 seconds.
2.Can I add an optical switch on one wheel that will trigger the inclinometers to take a readings at 18" of run?
3.Can the software record force on different inclines by way of resistance load on motor?
4.Can it also log azimuth compass?
5.Can the software log each 18 inch advance movement with count, date and time stamp in ANSI text so I can upload into Excel?
6.Can I mark samples to make note of start or stop or other significant notations which I manually enter in my field book to look up the marked sample once uploaded?

The m3pi robot would probably not be appropriate as a control system for a platform like that, and I do not have any specific recommendations for a ready-made control system. I suspect you will have to make a system from various components and program it yourself.

-Derrill