Servo Motor Control Mode

Hi, I’m building a machine other than a 3D printer, some kind of electric press. The best option for this application is the torque control mode offered by the servo and controller I’m using. It’s here: https://www.oyostepper.com/goods-1100-T6-Series-1000W-Digital-AC-Servo-Motor-Driver-Kit-3000rpm-319Nm-with-Brake-17-Bit-Encoder-IP65.html (I need the motor to push an object and then return in a loop with emergency stop, but with counted loops etc because of the DWC, I just want to use duet) Setup: DUET 3 MINI 5+, 2pcs 1XD, SBC mode with RPI4

In standard step/catalog mode I run it smoothly like in a 3D printer and created some macros for alarms etc. My first attempt was to use the analog inputs in the servo and provide 0-10V through the Duet’s converter (it uses PWM to control torque like a fan, which is then converted to 0-10V). But after ordering the servo, I discovered that the servo drive has no physical analog inputs. Only internal setpoints or external communication via RS485. I found a TTL converter (which the Duet supports) to RS485.

Now I have two questions:

Is it possible to easily communicate with this servo drive and set up RS485 communication, and then use the servo as outlined in the servo drive manual, just by sending commands or using macros in DWC.

How do I set the parameters to use this simple torque mode through the Motion Studio that comes with the T6 Servo? I tried to find something, but there seems to be very little in the manual about it. Maybe I would program the servo drive for 1 cycle, and then send a digital signal from the Duet to trigger a cycle or partial motion.

I hope someone can help - any clues would be helpful.

You have to use the TTL to RS485 converter to interface between Duet and servo. Then you need to create a communication protocol using macros or a custom G-code to send torque commands and trigger actions via RS485.