Sending serial commands to Qik via Wixel

I am a studemt trying to control a pair of brushed DC motors wirelessly from my laptop for a project, via a pair of Wixels and a Qik. I have read the manuals to both, and I know that to control the Qik, I need to send ASCII commands such as 0x88, etc. However, I do no know how to do this. I have used terminal emulators such as PuTTY, but I have had no luck. My goal is to be able to bind a key to each serial command, so I can control each motor with the press of a button. I have no coding knowledge whatsoever, so I can not write my own program.

Thanks,
Ben

Hello, Ben.

Please do not start multiple threads asking the same question. I have deleted your other threads.

- Ben

My apologies.

I still am, however, in need of aid.

Thanks,
Ben

The wixel is an amazing little device, but to do anything other than what is available with the sdk apps you need to know some C at least. C at this level is not hard, in fact I find it refreshingly straight forward from some of the muck I’ve had to work with at my day job. Anyhow, as far as your project, I have not tried this, nor do I own a motor controller (not yet anyhow) but it looks like you would need to use the serial_i2c app to talk to the Qik and possibly merge that code with the io_repeater app (with some mods) so that the two wixels can pass that data back and forth from the PC to the Qik. The wixel on the PC side would require the USB module. The wixel on the Qik side needs to talk ttl serial. This is just a quick observation based on what I see here on the description of the Qik and the stuff I’ve worked on in the wixel but I thought I would toss it out there.

Martan