Sending commands through Arduino with RS232 Shield

Hey I’m new here, not sure if this is the right section but I’m having a slight problem.
Does anyone have experience with the Arduino used with the RS232 shield? In the past the RS232 with the Arduino through Class5d title motors motor wire went through a laptop and USB to send the "RPA " command using termite terminal, to know the position of motors and if it works. Then I used some of the code here to enter the same command through Arduino. The motor doesn’t send back the data but the Tx light does blink. To check if it was pushing the commands the RS232 shield and USB were both connected to a laptop (from the Arduino) and after uploading the sketch, it does show the commands in the terminal with the Tx blinking light.
The motors are not responding to the RPA command through RS232 shield- Is there any command I can use to know the position of motor 1 only through the RS232 command line?

Here’s some code and an attached rs232 shield diagram.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h> //we have to include the SoftwareSerial library, or else we can't use it
#define rx 3 //define what pin rx is going to be
#define tx 2 //define what pin tx is going to be
SoftwareSerial mySerial (rx, tx); //3 is TX, 2 is RX
String m;
void setup()
{
pinMode(3, INPUT);
pinMode(2,OUTPUT);
Serial.begin(9600,SERIAL_8N1); // setup serial with computer
mySerial.begin(9600);
Serial.write("Sending the command RPA\r");
mySerial.write("RPA \r\n");
m=mySerial.readString();
Serial.println(m);

}
void loop()
{
//while(mySerial.available() > 0)
m=mySerial.readString();
Serial.print(m);
}

shield diagram

Hello.

I recommend checking your connections and making sure the pins you are using as your RX and TX are the ones set on your RS-232 Shield. Since we do not make that shield, I cannot give you more specific advice. If after looking into your system more you determine that you need to troubleshoot the board/motor, I recommend contacting the manufacturer.

-Tony

Okay, thanks for your feedback, I’ll try that. Much appreciated.