Mastering Mobile Manipulators Hands-on Training
- Where: Barcelona, Spain
- When: March 22, 2023 → March 24, 2023
- URL: https://www.theconstructsim.com/ros-mobile-manipulators-training/
- Only 15 spots
- Early-bird registration deadline: 2023-03-07T23:00:00Z
This training is organized by The Construct in cooperation with Robotnik
What You Will Learn
Learn how to build mobile robot manipulator applications with ROS1 from the ground up with our hands-on training. Our expert instructors will guide you through everything you need to know, including:
- Robot Navigation
- Robot Perception: Object Detection
- Motion Planning for Robotic Manipulators
- Pick & Place Objects with MoveIt
- Robot Behavior Design using FlexBe
- Creating a Complete App that Integrates all Behaviors into a Single ROS App
- Creating a Web Interface for End Users to Use
Our program is held in-person, so you will have the opportunity to work with real robots in a collaborative and immersive environment. Join us today and learn how to turn your concepts into reality.
- In-person instruction from industry professionals
- Hands-on experience with real robots
- Exercises with simulated robots, working along with the instructors
- Complete a real-world project with a real RB-KAIROS+ mobile manipulator
- Access to a supportive community of like-minded learners
At the training, you’ll get hands-on experience with a real [RB-KAIROS+ Mobile Manipulator]
Part 1 - Set Up the Navigation System for a Mobile Manipulator
- Create a map of an environment
- Robot Localization
- Path planning with obstacle avoidance
- Send a sequence of waypoints and execute those movements
Hands-on challenge: Make an RB-KAIROS+ autonomously navigate in an indoor environment.
Part 2 - Moving the Arm
- Configure MoveIt for your robot
- Program the moveit_commander to send trajectories to the robot arm
Hands-on challenge: Program the arm to reach any location in its action space.
Part 3 - Do Motion Planning Programmatically
After completing this chapter, you can create a Python program that performs motion planning on your robot.
Part 4 - Grasping the Object
- Object detection
- Pick an object
- Add perception to avoid obstacles
- Visualize the detections in RVIZ
- Create a pick & place task
Hands-on challenge: Make the arm grasp objects from the shelf while avoiding obstacles.
Part 5 - Use FlexBe to Program the Robot Behavior
- Create FlexBe states
- Create an entire state machine that communicates with the robot
Hands-on challenge: Define the behavior of the warehouse robot for a pick & place application.
Part 6 - Design Web Interfaces for ROS robots
- Set up the server in the robot
- Create and run a web page that shows relevant robot information
- HTML and CSS on the web page
- Understand the lifecycle of the web page
- Add an online Joystick to your web page
- Show the robot’s cameras on the page
- Show your custom map on the page
Hands-on challenge: Create a web interface for non-experts to command the robot, and know its status.
Part 7 - Real Robot Project: Make a Full Manipulator Application to Autonomously Clean a Space
Throughout this training, you will build a complete robot app for mobile manipulators that look at and serve objects from shelves in a warehouse environment. The robot will to go to the shelf’s location, look for the object, grasp it, and bring it to the operator’s boxes.
For any questions please contact us at email@example.com
The Construct team