Robot do not move with pixycam5 and IR sensor

hi I’m using the Shield v1.2 robot in addition to a Pixycam5 for color detection and a sharp sensor for object detection. the problem is that my robot doesn’t move when the Pixycam5 is attached and when I detached the Pixycam5, the robot turns around itself .is it a power supply problem?

Hello.

It sounds like you’re referring to the Zumo Shield for Arduino v1.2. It is possible that it could be a power issue, but it is hard to tell from just the behavior you’re describing and it should be easy to test by just using new or freshly charged batteries. If that doesn’t help could you post more details about your setup, such as what Arduino board you are using and what pins you are connecting the PixyCam to?

Brandon

Hello, like you mentioned, I’m using an Arduino Uno as a microcontroller for my Zumo shield robot, along with a Pixycam 5 linked to ICSP pins of the arduino, as shown in this tutorial: Overview and Materials | Pixy Pet Robot - Color vision follower | Adafruit Learning System, but without servomotors. I also use infrared sensors for obstacle detection. I am unable to identify why the robot is not moving despite the fact that my batteries are new and freshly charged.

The Adafruit guide you linked to notes that project will not work with an Arduino Uno (or other ATmega328-based boards) due to pin conflicts. You might consider switching to a board based on the ATmega32U4 AVR with the same form-factor such as the Arduino Leonardo or our A-Star 32U4 Prime.

Brandon