Reflectance Sensor on Zumo Robot

Hello,

I have a Zumo Robot and I want to add to it a reflectance sensor. I’ve found a QTR-8 sensor and I was wondering if I could use it with my robot because its configuration is different from the 6 sensor presented on Zumo robot’s page. I know I should break the QTR-8 into two parts (6 and 2) but how could I manage pins?

As a second question, just to make sure I am choosing right, I should use an analog one, is that ok? And that is be the QTR-8A. The reason I can’t use the regular sensor is that I can’t find one in my country.

Thank you in advance! :smiley:

Cheers,
Catalin Craciun

Hello, Catalin.

You could use the QTR-8A version with the Zumo and an Arduino Uno if you only use 6 of the sensors, but that would tie up all of the analog inputs on the Uno. We recommend using the RC version instead if that is available to you. The QTR-8RC Reflectance Sensor Array has the same output signals as the Zumo Reflectance Sensor Array, so it should be simpler to add. Please note that there is no straightforward way to mount or connect either of the QTR-8xx sensors to the Zumo, so you would need to figure out how to mount and connect the QTR-8RC yourself.

-Derrill