RC switch

Hi!

Im using a simple Futaba reciever and would like to use CH1 for a three way switch

With signal 1000-1333ms it should connect switch 1 (left) , with signal input 1333-1666ms it should disconnect switch 1 and 2. With signal input 1666ms-2000ms (right) it should connect switch 2.

Load will be less than 2A.

Cheers

Lars

Hi, Lars.

We moved your post to the Other Pololu products section of our forums since it seemed more appropriate.

We have several different types of RC Switches that might work for your project. If you got two RC switches, you could set them up in a way where a smaller ms period will trigger one and a high ms period will trigger the other. You can find information on configuring the switches in the Configuring Your RC Switch section of the Pololu RC Switch User’s Guide which is available on the product page under the “Resources” tab.

If you tell me more about what you want to trigger with switch 1 and switch 2 in your project, I might be able to suggest which RC switch might work best.

-Dan

Hi!

I just want to switch between two pins for a Three speed system.

Pin GND should either be connected to pin 1 (low speed), pin 2 (hi speed) or none (mid speed)

Cheers

Lars

If you need to make or break physical connections, like connect a ground from your existing system to pin 1 when the signal is low, then you will need the Relay version of our RC switches. However, if you just need to connect pin 1 to a digital ground signal, our RC Switch with Digital Output should work.

Your wording about speed made it a little unclear if you are actually trying to directly control a motor. If that is the case, could you post a wiring diagram of your existing setup that shows where your switch 1, switch 2, and motor are?

-Dan

I just want to connect a physical circuit and switch between two pins. 12V should go to either pin 1 or pin 2 (lo/hi). Disconnected the controller will read that as mid speed input.

Guess the relay is the way to go.

Hi!

Mail seems faster:)

Do you have any manual button that can produce a 1000/2000ms signal to manually try a servo left/right (without using any radiosignal)

Cheers

Lars

What you are referring to is a servo tester. We do not carry them, but Servo City carries a Servo programmer that will allow you to test your servos, and a general Internet search for “servo tester” should find lots of results.

-Dan

Awesome:)

Thanx!

Btw do you carry something that translates 0-5V to 1000-2000ms pulse?

Cheers

Lars

problem solved with servo tester:

thanx!

I am glad you got everything figured out! We do not carry any ready made products that are designed specifically for converting from analog voltage to RC signals, but you could do something like that with our Maestro Servo Controller. You can get an idea of what would be involved in doing that in the Maestro user’s guide; particularly under the “Using an analog input to control servos” heading in the “Example Scripts” section of the Maestro user’s guide.

-Dan

Youve been more than helpful, Dan!

This is all about a work around for a system yet to be found/developed - a standard RC setup w 3 channels with remote and reciever that is certified/condoned for human transport via a winch.

Do you carry that too?-)

Cheers

Lars

We do not carry anything like that, but you should post a video of your system once you have it functioning!

-Dan

Hi!

I already have it but its not certified

Cheers

Lars

A612AEDE-AEE8-4D1C-B03A-3B02E366D718.MOV (4.6 MB)

3 Likes