Rc control of micro maestro?

I did a bit of searching of the forum and found a few topics on this but they’re super old so I thought I’d raise the question again to see if it’s been done or any tutorials?

It has rx tx pins but they’re in ttl so I assume I can’t just hook up a standard drone rc reciever that I have a lot of to it directly? I need another controller to convert the reciever to ttl?

I also searched youtube but couldn’t come up with anything?

Is there another controller that people use for this type of thing? For instance I want to make a walking robot that could also be controlled by rc… So it would execute a walking script at a certain % of speed depending on how far I push the stick of a controller forward?

Can the maestro do that or should I look for a different controller and what is that?

Also just potentially to control the channels and set up a particular pattern of motion having the ability to control it via a transmitter would also be helpful?

Hmm I was asking chatgpt I guess I need an arduino to convert the signals… is that right?

Hello.

The Maestro cannot accept hobby RC signals as inputs. to do something like what you’re describing, you could use a separate microcontroller such as an Arduino or one of our Arduino-compatible A-Star 32U4 controllers to process the signals and communicate with the Maestro (I recommend the A-Star 32U4 Micro if you’re looking for something compact). If you go with that option, you might find our Maestro Servo Controller library for Arduino useful for simplifying the communication.

Brandon

1 Like