Questions about "Pololu USB AVR Programmer"

Hi, I am going to use the"Pololu USB AVR Programmer" to program an attiny 84,
I have some questions about the usb programmer…

1. Will this programmer work with the Arduino IDE?

2. On the Arduino IDE how can I get the required drivers to allow this USB programmer to show up under the boards manager.

3. Will this programmer work with my attiny 84?

Thanks!

Hello.

Our USB AVR Programmer should work with the Arduino IDE, and I do not see any reason why it wouldn’t work with the ATtiny84. You can find instructions on how to get started in the “Configuring the Arduino Environment” section of the “Programming Orangutans and the 3pi Robot from the Arduino Environment” guide.

-Brandon

I have got the programmer to appear in the “programmer” menu (under tools)I would try it without the drivers but my components are in the mail, but…

1. Do I still need to download “Windows Drivers and Software” that is found in the resources tab of the product page.
    or am I good to plug the programmer in and program my MCU immediately?

Thanks!!

You should still download the drivers so your computer will recognize the device.

-Brandon

Do you recommend I install just"USB AVR Programmer Windows Drivers and Software release 121114 " or should I install the entire “Pololu AVR Development Bundle for Windows” both of which are located in the resources tab of the programmer page. The goal is for the programmer to work with Arduino and my Attiny 84.
Thanks

The AVR Development Bundle contains the Pololu AVR C/C++ Library and Orangutan SVP drivers, along with the USB AVR Programmer drivers and software. If you are not using our AVR C/C++ library or Orangutan SVP drivers, you should only need to download the USB AVR Programmer Windows Drivers and Software.

-Brandon