Programming the OX2

Hi,

I’m having difficulty getting the OX2 and my computer to communicate. I have installed the drivers from your links and that did not work so I installed the newest version of the Silicon labs CP210X drivers and now the green light is on the OX2 when it is connected to the computer. The OS is Windows Vista and the problem I’m having is when AVR studio tries to connect to the micro, it fails to connect. I try putting the OX2 into programming mode (yellow and green light on) and it still doesn’t connect. I’ve also tried changing the COM port from 9 to 2 and 1 and the baud rate to 115200 and still nothing! Also tried all the USB ports on the laptop and none of them make a difference. I’m at a loss!!! Pls help!

Alan

Hello.

When you say it didn’t work when you installed the drivers from our site, what went wrong? Are you running Vista 32 or 64?

- Ben

Hi,

Vista 32bit, when I installed the drivers, everything was fine but when I plugged the board in, it didn’t recognize the board and told me to update the drivers from silicon labs which I did. So the board now lights up with a green light when i plug it in, but in AVR studio, it doesn’t detect the board.

Alan

The drivers we provide work with Vista 32 for all of our CP2102-based products, so it’s definitely strange that you had to download drivers from SI Labs. Do you have access to another computer that you can try this on with the drivers from our web site?

Have you tried using AVR Studio to directly connect to the X2’s COM port (rather than using Auto-detect)? What version of AVR Studio are you using? Are you using AVRISP as the platform in the connection dialog box?

- Ben

Thanks again for your help, hopefully the rest of the programming should be okay. The problem was that I was trying to use AVRISP mkII but it clearly is not that that I’m meant to be using so I tried the AVRISP using COM2 and it worked! I can’t believe how stupid that problem was…

Thanks again

I’m glad the solution ended up being something so simple! Good luck getting the rest of your project working; we’d be interested in hearing more about it as it progresses.

- Ben