Programmable stepper controller!

Something like the Maestro programmable servo controller would be very useful for stepper motors as well. Perhaps the programmable controller could feature STEP, DIR and other outputs that would interface directly with some or all of your nice stepper motor drivers.

Hi, Jim.

Thanks for the suggestion/push (we’re approaching 5 years since this similar thread got started).

I realize it might not sound so credible, but it really is on our to-do list! It’s a long list, though, and a product like the Maestro, with native USB, a PC user interface application, and some kind of programming or scripting language, is a relatively complicated project to execute well. We’ve brought on several entry-level (straight out of school) engineers over the past year, though, so I expect more of that kind of development to happen here as they get up to speed.

- Jan

Well, you certainly did a fine job with the Maestro! It is really well thought out. I imagine a similar product for steppers will be worth the wait.

Don’t forget you can do some basic stepper motor control with a baby orangutan and arduino code :).

Over six years now Jan :slight_smile: