Problem with servo

Hello,
i try to test the Crown DS239HV Digital Slim Wing Servo, so i connect the servo to a 6V/3A power supply, connect the GND to the pololu Maestro interface GND, and connect the signal pin to the servo signal pin.

At the moment that i enable the servo channel in the meastro software, the servo start to move, uncontrolled and in both direction.

Can anyone tell me what i’m doing wrong here…
kind regards

Roger

Hello, Roger.

Have you verified that your servo works with another RC signal source (e.g. a transmitter/receiver pair)? Could you post some pictures that show all of your connections as well as a copy of your settings file? You can save your settings file from the “File” drop-down menu of the Maestro Control Center while the controller is connected. A video showing the problem might be helpful too.

Brandon

Hey Brandon, i only have one servo, first of all, i will order some more that i can compare.
the servo need to be installed in on a Duet3 3D printer board where i have the same results.
So i used the Maestro to have another check,
I do not know if there are different ways to communicate with a servo.

kind regards
Roger

In the meantime, if you could post the pictures and settings file I asked for previously, I would be happy to look further into it.

Brandon

Hey Brandon, this is the pololu settings file, at the moment that i switch on the ‘test1’ channel, the servo start running to different positions up & down.
the power is from a 7V/3A power supply and the GND of the pololu interface is coonected to the GND of the power supply, the signal to the signal of the servo, for me it is the first time working with servo’s
On the 3D printer the servo signal comes from a the servo output (5V) of the Duet3 board and gives me the same result
thanks in advance
Roger

It sounds like you were trying to include your settings file, but I do not see anything in your post. However, that does not sound like normal servo behavior, and if the problem happens with signals from multiple sources, it is reasonable to think that the servo might be the problem. If you have an oscilloscope, you could check the signal from the Maestro just in case. 7V is a little high for standard servos, but I wouldn’t expect it to cause a problem. Do you know how much current it is drawing?

Brandon

I found an email in our system that seems to have your settings file in it; I did not notice any obvious problems with it. Do you have another servo you can test with? I would still be interested in pictures of your setup that show all of your connections as well.

Brandon